Friday, October 1, 2010

The Holy Bible By: Kristin McLeod

My form of empowerment is the Holy Bible. It gives me a clear perspective and take on life and is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path. It encourages me and empowers me to live out the Christian life on a day to day basis. It exposes and convicts me of my shortcomings so with the Holy Spirit’s help I can sharpen and improve my character. Through reading the scriptures everyday it gives me the grace assurance and confidence of the Father’s love for me. With that love and genuine acceptance I can face anything this world throws at me. Even when people are unkind to me or try to bring me down, it says in the word of God in Romans 15:3, the reproaches of those who reproach you have fallen upon me (Jesus). The Bible is the source to all the questions I have about life and is my source of wisdom. In proverbs,  which was written by King Solomon, who was the wisest man who ever lived, it gives me insight and enlightenment on everything that goes on under the sun. I read the Bible for enjoyment, strength, comfort, and even for healing from life’s storms. It renews my mind when my thoughts are clamored with negativity and judgmental thoughts and keeps me on the right path. It helps me to forgive and see people and treat them as I would like to be treated. It gives me a reason to sing and dance when I read the Psalms, helps me to praise God in every season of the soul, even when I don’t feel like it. It gives me hope and a reason to look forward to the future. Like the woman in Proverbs 31, you can look forward to the days to come. It helps me in the workplace to respect and honor those who are in authority over me and to everything with my best efforts and as unto the Lord. The Bible also says that if someone asks me to one mile go with them two. It teaches me to be diligent and not to eat the bread of idleness. It empowers me in my relationships, teaches me how to choose my friends wisely and says that to have friends one must first make himself friendly. The Bible assures me of what I am living for and gives me a sense of purpose and vision. It also gives me joy in how it’s teachings stretches me to look outside of myself and serve and lay down my life for others. It keeps me my foundation firm, steadfast, and unmovable in the face of temptation and sin. This keeps me free from a life of remorse and regret. Every time I read it is water and life to my soul and there is something new because it is a living word, sharp and active like a double edged sword (Hebrews 4: 12). It also helps me examine myself and keep myself humble, because pride goes before a fall. Reading and living the Bible gives me power, peace, and confidence in all I say and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment